Here is the latest news on the mares and foals that need homes
Marian Mastin of Adopt A Foal just sent me the following report…
We have some volunteers making a run to Lubbock this weekend to pick up these babies…They’ll be traveling back this way at night/early morning hours due to the heat during the daytime…it will be a long trip home since they will be stopping every couple of hours for the babies to get their bearings and balance back… and of course, to nurse.
- The Bay Mare and paint foal have been spoken for, but it isn’t a done deal yet…we have one person in line waiting to see how that one hashes out…if they do become available, we will not be able to pick them up this weekend, but would most likely get them in the next couple of weeks.
- The Bay Mare and colt have been adopted and will be quarantined at their new home rather than with us.
- The Chocolate Paint Mare sadly lost her foal, but thankfully has been adopted.
- The Roan mare and paint filly have been adopted by the same family that is taking the Chocolate paint mare.
- We have three people vying for the Chestnut Mare and foal…I am waiting on applications to process…but there isn’t a done deal yet.
- The Chestnut mare in foal and the Grey Arabian Cross mare are still available and need to find loving new homes…please mention them to anyone that you know that may be interested…We will forward more information on them (estimated age, health, foaling status, personality, etc.) once we get them settled here and looked at by our Vet, Dr. Melissa Hubble.
We would appreciate donations of new or used halters for both the mares and foals…. or certificates to purchase them at Spring Creek Feed Store (Melissa Hardee 281-252-5400) or Steinhausers (Connie Swetlick 281- 356-2530). We have plenty of leadropes.
If anyone has a small oval stock tank that they want to get rid of…please get in touch with us as we are having to, as part of the 2 month quarantine, keep these girls in separate pastures with separate water sources…. (actually, we need two more stock tanks but having a used one given to us would help us enormously!)
Thanks to everyone for showing their support and forwarding this flyer on our behalf… Believe it or not, we have been contacted by people from all over the country! In some cases, people got our email or flyer after already reading it from some else!
You guys are awesome!
Marian & Dan Mastin
Adopt A Foal
For more information on these horses for adoption please contact Marian Mastin though her contact page at, Adopt A Foal.
I too would like to thank you if you took the time to read about these horses in need and said a prayer for them and others like them. Now please lets help get the PG Chestnut mare and the pretty face Grey Arabian mare adopted too.