Submitting an Article to ALove4Horses.com
I am open to posting information that will benefit HORSE PEOPLE. Articles, Press Releases, News, and Tips Welcome!
High quality articles on following subject categories…
# All About Horses
* Horse News
* Horse Tweets
# Business Tips
# Design Tips
# Horse Art
# Horse Books
# Marketing Tips
* Internet Marketing
I am very picky about quality and am quick to reject any article that reads like spam — too pushy on trying to sell something. I will reject any article that doesn’t met most of the following criteria (my rules)…
- Value! Article must be beneficial and be welcome by people that love horses – some of which may have a horse related business — NOT written fast just for back-links. All horse-related topics will be considered, but I am specially interested in receiving articles that would help horse business owners.
- Golden Rule! Horse’s well-being should always be kept in mind — I will not post anything that is not in the best interest of horses and people.
- Original & well written: Please do your own double checking of spelling, grammar, facts, and do your own keyword research. Check my site for articles on your subject so you will not write an article that is too close to one already posted.
- Make your title worthy of being re-tweeted! Keep it fairly short (with the keywords towards the front) and to the point but creative and draw people to want to read the article. Please spend some time on writing a great title.
- Links: Yes you may add a couple of links in your article as long as they lead to sites that my readers would be interested in — again these are horse people — so horse and horse related sites are any other highly relevant sites. NO links to horse betting or drug selling sites!
- Bio/Resource Box: You may also add a paragraph below the article about you and your business or website. People do like to know a little about the person that wrote the article. It may contain link or links back to your site or to other useful sites.
- My rights: I reserve the right to reject your article without giving a reason. Yes, that seem rather rude of me, but being so busy I really don’t have the time to critique your writing, sorry.
- Editing: I reserve the right to edit your article and title as I see fit as long as the article doesn’t lose its focus. I will limit the number of guest articles to about 2-4 per week.
- NO SPAM! I don’t read or post spam so don’t waste your or my time with it!
Here are a couple of more tips on writing your guest post or press release:
“…steer clear of using keyword-optimized anchor text for your links, as Google warns against.”
“…use guest blogging opportunities not as a way to generate lots of inbound links through a ton of mediocre content, but rather as a way to establish thought leadership and get your high-quality content in front of new audiences.”
Please go visit the web page below to read the whole article:
Optimized Links in Press Releases & Guest Posts Can Harm Your SEO, Says Google – http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/optimized-links-harm-seo-google-nj
Sorry about the list of rules — like you are back in school, but they are needed to help you and me save time and letting you know where I stand. By the way here are a few of articles you should read:
- Why Content Goes Viral: What Analyzing 100 Million Articles Taught Us. | OkDork.com – http://okdork.com/2014/04/21/why-content-goes-viral-what-analyzing-100-millions-articles-taught-us/
- The Ten Steps To Arranging and Writing a Killer Guest Post http://www.blogherald.com/2010/04/05/the-ten-steps-to-arranging-and-writing-a-killer-guest-post/.
- 8 Incredibly Simple Ways to Get More People to Read Your Content – Copyblogger – http://www.copyblogger.com/scannable-content/
Before you email me your guest post please check the following…
- Is your article subject relevant to this blog’s readers which are horse loving people?
- Is the title worthy of a retweet and make people want to read the article? Does it have good keywords in it.
- Do you have a couple of photos that help add interest or understanding to the article?
- Is the introduction engaging? A good intro gives people an idea of what they will learn should they keep reading and makes them want to continue.
- Is the article written in a way that makes it easy to read and understand and flows in a logical structure? Write like you are talking to a friend.
- Does the article end with a call to action? This can be in your short bio below the article. Like ask the readers for their feedback to help engage them to leave a comment or click on your link to check out your site.
Why post — what is in it for you?
Gain exposure, traffic, quality back links (good for SEO), credibility for your blog/website/product, lead people to want to learn more about your brand and/or products or services.
alove4horses.com has been online since about 1999. The first article on this site once it was created as a blog was Saturday, November 4th, 2006. Google PR (pagerank 4)
Ready to contribute an article? Please contact me with your article idea and I will let you know if I am interested in it. Then I will want to see the text and photos you want to post. I will then look it over and post if all is well with it or ask you to make changes to it. Once all is review and approved your article will be published on this blog.
If you have any questions not answered here or just want to suggest article subjects you would like to see on this site please fill free to contact me.