I discovered a gold mine of Horse Blogs
If you read my post “Five good reasons why you should start a blog” I gave you a few reasons for starting a blog for your horse business. You may have thought, “Hey that sounds like a good idea, but where to start, what to write about, and how do I pick out my blog categories”?
Well I think that the first step should be to check out and read some postings at a few horse blogs that relate to whatever you are passionate about with horses.
I did a some quick Internet surfing and found this wonderfully large and varied Horse Blogs List at the Bridlepath blog. Doris gave me permission to repost her huge list here. And I have added to it too. She also would love if you’d check out her equestrian blog too.
Note that many of these links below will open in a new browser window.
Horse Book Author Blogs
- Cliffy’s Mom’s Blog By the shores of Gitchee Gumee by the shining Big-Sea-Water, came a little red horse! …Or something like that. Clifford is the star of the true horse story, “Clifford of Drummond Island” and the sequel, “Return to Manitou.” What started out as bloglike ramblings became a book, so never underestimate the power of the written word!”Great horse books and loved her dog ebook too.” – Joni Solis
Horse Business Blogs
Dressage Horse Blogs
- Dressage Hafl
- Jane Savoie’s Blog Dressage Rider/Trainer/Coach
- Dressage Blog… for and about Dressage
- Dressage Mom
- Things I Learned From My Horse I’m a writer and dressage trainer commenting with humor and fondness on tidbits of insight gained from decades of experience with horses.
- Have a blog about dressage? Let me know about it in the comments. Thanks!
Horse Breeder Blogs
Horse Health Blogs
- A Veterinarian’s Take
- Sierra Lynch’s Horse IQ
- Barefoot Hoof Care
- Fran Jurga’s “HoofBlog”: News from Hoofcare & Lameness Journal
Horse Photography Blogs
Horse Art Blogs
Horse Training and Equestrian Riding Blogs
- Anna Jane White-Mullin Equestrian Info I have found this horse blog to be very well written with good info on riding the hunt seat. Check it out!
- Encyclopedia Equestria – for the thinking rider
- Horse Training Success
- Improving Communication Between Horse and Rider
- Horse Bliss
- The Round Pen
Horse Sports Blogs
- Kentucky World Equestrian Games
- Karen’s EasyCare & Endurance Musings
- Racebook Insider
- Horse-a-Holics Blog
General Horse Blogs
- About My Horses
- Ask Willie; The Thinking Horse | He might have been a grouchy old horse but now he’s a philosopher
- 2 Talk Horses
- Flying Changes What happens when a slightly cynical, middle-aged American woman living in Ireland goes absolutely and completely horse mad?
- Simply Marvelous – The Wonderful World of Horses Note from Joni: One great horse story after another! I enjoyed my visit and I think you will too.
- Me & Mira My blog has a lot of pictures and posts on training & health from an amateur perspective.
- MidWestHorse A blog by two women who own horses and live in the midwest of the United States; blogging about horses and anything related to horses
- Bridlepath blog
- Canadian Neigh
- Every Rider is for the enthusiast that seeks a better understanding and knowledge of horses and their nature. The topics will vary from training and riding to horse health and care.
- Halt Near X
- Horse Approved
- Horses Diaries
- Iron Bess Flint
- Memphis Horses
- Mr. President
- My Friend Shah
- Our First Horse
- Pony Tail Club
- Red Pony Farm
- Road to who knows where…
- The Black Stallion
- The Equestrian Vagabond
- The Equus Ink
- Women and Horses
- Trot On TV
- Chamfron Stud
- Equine Enthusiasm | “A life without horses is possible, but pointless.”
- Horse Blog – Horse Training Blog – Cowgirl Blog
It is been a while since I first started this list of horse blogs so if you find any broken links or blogs that you think should not be here please let me know about them in the comments below or by contacting me through my contact page. Please read the comments to find more horse blog sites. Also if you know of some nice horse blogs that I have missed please leave their URL and Title in the comments. Thanks!